
Ok. No one happened to mention to me that life changes a ton once your children starts school. I really don't know if I like this. First of all I have Mirra. My little angel who has been totally grumpy this week. My Mirra grumpy. I don't know how to deal with this. She is never grumpy. I know she sticks her nose up in the air a lot but she isn't a grumpy girl. One example is last night when she stormed away when I told her that she needed a bath saying "No one even loves me anymore." When I tried to talk to her and figure out what the problem was she says I never have time to just sit and hold her anymore so she thinks I don't love her. I felt terrible. Another example is today when she called me at work because she is mad a Grandma who will not let her eat Fruit Loops for lunch. She says "They are mine and not yours." I hope this problem is fixed when we have our own house.
Mason is also having lots of trauma. He does not like his best friend "Weewa" to be gone all day with out him. I left him yesterday at 9 and when I called to talk to My Mom at 11:15 he was still crying. Mom says he wasn't crying the whole time but for most of it he was. I feel so bad for him. He is so used to her being there. She has always treated him more like someone she is babysitting then a brother. She is so patient and plays with him all the time. Poor baby he doesn't understand.
So now the typical day for us is as follows, the alarm starts going off at 5:30, finally roll out of bed at 5:50, get a shower, get Jake up to get a shower, make lunches, Jake leaves at 6:45, finish getting ready, wake Mirra up at 7:30, get breakfast, get Mirra dressed and her hair done(this is the biggest battle), get Mason breakfast when ever he wanders in, run out the door to be to work by 8:00, Mom takes Mirra to the bus stop at 8:30 and the bus drops her off at 12:05. Mirra gets to play until 4:00 when Daddy gets home... Homework time, dinner time, Mommy gets home at 7:00 and eats dinner, reading time, bath time, then it is off to bed.
When did I get to see my kids you ask????? It was during the Mirra eat your toast, Mirra brush your teeth, Mirra get your pants on, Mason let me change your diaper, Mirra hold still, Mirra I am not hurting you quit screaming (during the hair thing), Mirra pay attention to your book, Mason get off Mirra while she is reading, Mirra get dressed, Mason hold still, kneel up for the prayer, lay down, stop talking, etc. No wonder Mirra feels like I don't love her anymore. She told me this morning that all I do is yell at her. Now that is an exaggeration I do not yell but I sure feel like all I have done for 3 day straight is nag nag nag nag nag. I really have got to figure out a new schedule. I can't do this. Any suggestions?
Anyway here are some more pictures of the kids this week.




3 comments:
Aww Cristal, I'm sorry. It is hard, Ewan was grumpy by the end of the week for his first couple weeks of school and Alec still doesn't enjoy when we drop Ewan off at school. Hopefully things will get better as they both get more in the habit of it all. I'm sorry though, it's got to be soooo hard on you.
Big hugs to you.
Why are you working 8 to 7?
Oh, Cristal--I was sad and happy to read your post. Sad, because you're going through the same thing as me, and happy for the same reason-that there's someone going through the same thing as me!! This week has been rough on us too (just wait til first grade!!) Josh has been ornery (and bored out of his mind) without Claire, too. I don't have any advice for you except to stick it out, the fam will get into a new routine eventually and it will feel normal. Love ya!
Post a Comment