Christmas this year for me was a true vacation. Before we left Utah Mirra had one request from her Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen that we act out the Nativity. My family graciously came over to help out some even missed out on important things just to participate. I am so greatful for them and all of their help with the move. They are amazing. Mirra got to play the part of Mary. She took it very seriously. It was so cute. All of the kids were adorable.
Mason was the cow, though he didn't last very long. Josh was sheep that Ian the Shepherd ended up holding for him, Jordan was the other Shepherd, Isaac the camel, Porter the donkey, Collin played Joseph, Hazel the Angel, and Wesley, Owen and Ethan were the Wise men.
After we arrived to Michigan Jacob's Dad and his sister Aylayna made the 6 and a half hour drive out to help us unload the trailer and start getting this place organized. They were a ton of help. Jake and I are so lucky to have such great family on both side who do so much for us...
Anyway we started all of that on Monday the 20th and by Wednesday night we were on our way to Wisconsin. I love my in laws but I don't know how much it meant to me to stay with them this time. I had just left the place where I have lived all of my life and most of my family to come out here. It is so comforting to me to know that they are close and don't mind if I show up to visit. I just felt really at home there.
I got there and it was a rush to get things done. As of December 23rd at 9:00 PM I still had not wrapped one gift but with lots of help we got it all done.
The kids had a great Christmas and had so much fun with the kids. Mason got a long really well with JV and Gia. It was a great trip.
i love this family they are amazing.
We stayed there for a few days after Christmas and we were able to got to church with them. Most of the kids were sick that morning though so just a few of us went but Mason and Mirra got to try out their new church cloths.
It's a good thing my kids are sweet because they are very spoiled. Mirra did say while we were still at Grandma Enszer's that she loves all her gifts but she would give them all up if she could just see Grandma Nielsen. I knew that would be hard for her. She has had my mom there for all of her life. They have really developed a strong bond. Mirra misses her so much.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment